They've Spawned!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FawnN

Aquarium Advice Addict
My kribs finally spawned!! And the best part is that I got to see them in action.

As I peaked into my tank tonight, I noticed that the female was upside down, underneath the driftwood shimmying her body and the male following right behide her. It was the neatest thing I have experienced.

I am trully excited and had to share it with everyone!! :D :D

Thanks Serlunchbox, Good luck with your angels.

Thanks Jeevster. I think it had something to do with your spawning. :D

Thanks everyone!! I had to remove my pitbull pleco and my apple snail lastnight, cuz the momma was beating the crap out of them.

The snail got too close to the nest and she started to ram the snail until it fell off the driftwood and she litterally rolled it out from under the wood. It was amazing to see. :D

I will post pics of the little one's when they hatch. Gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope they don't get eaten.

Ok, I couldn't help myself and had to see the eggs. I gently lifted up the wood and took the pics with one hand, so the pics are a little blurry.

img_307291_0_39a7da5ecf6d0288eeddb2a190cbb0f4.jpg

That's so cool, Fawn! I'm glad you were able to remove the others from the tank - kribs can definitely get feisty over their wee ones. Fingers crossed for a successful spawn! :D

I've got wigglers! It looks like I've got about 12 of them. Won't know for sure until they are free swimming. :D

Ok, now I"ve got over 50 wigglers. I'm sure not all of them will survive, but so far so good.

She is hiding them underneath the flowerpot and brings them back and forth. Gosh, how interesting to see her protecting them. :D

Back
Top Bottom