think my rubber lipped pleco has ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marknstlouis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my rubber lipped pleco that I have in my community tank has ich.......(I think).....he has white blothes on him and his color has faded some........but he seems very weak and moves very little......just lays on the bottom..........does that come with ich too? My albino corys even bump into him occasionally.and he doesnt move............is he beyond hope?.........I have treated the tank with tablets made to treat ich...........what advice can you offer?.........help .please........lol........ :?

Mark

Mark, are the white blothches more like dots that are spread throughout the body? Or patches of white color on the body?

Plecos will fade color when they are stressed. Do you have places for hit to hide during the day?

In reply to your PM, white blotches on the body are probably from stress. Do you have places for it to hide? How big is the tank? How long has it been since your last water change? All could be factors in making the pleco sick.

Back
Top Bottom