Think of Co2 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to start using Co2 on my 40 gallon planted and was thinking about using the DIY method but I don't think it would be efficient and having it run 24/7 I think is counter productive. What would be a good size Co2 tank to get? I'm going to get the regulator mentioned on the Co2 sticky but what would be the best option for diffusing it in the tank? Thanks.

I'd get the largest co2 tank that you can store in the available space. Usually, a 5# or 10# tank is what's usually used.

If you have a canister filter, an inline atomic diffuser would be efficient. Otherwise, you can just use a ceramic disk diffuser or atomic. But i would position a hydor circulation pump by it so the co2 get dispersed throughout the tank. Last option that looks good is that new Mr. Aqua co2 turbo diffuser. It's sold on Amazon.

I'd get the largest co2 tank that you can store in the available space. Usually, a 5# or 10# tank is what's usually used.

If you have a canister filter, an inline atomic diffuser would be efficient. Otherwise, you can just use a ceramic disk diffuser or atomic. But i would position a hydor circulation pump by it so the co2 get dispersed throughout the tank. Last option that looks good is that new Mr. Aqua co2 turbo diffuser. It's sold on Amazon.

I actually just found a cool DIY inline diffuser that I might tackle when I get to this

Back
Top Bottom