Think Twice Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, but my point was that there is no need to put both on the list.

That is what they are typically labeled as in most stores. Unfortunately they aren't broken down to the correct names of either nunus, aggregatus or xanthozona. And yes, they do need to be on this list so that folks can research them to know the differences.

I agree on the brackish, but mostly the dragon goby! I used to work at a lps and we ordered those in A LOT and they died quite often, and those that do get sold, are quite difficult to care for if you don't know what you're doing. Another one is the Ctenopoma, aka climbing perch or spotted leaf fish. They are highly predatory, get to 6 inches long, and require a ton of cover. I've seen them at several lps and LFS. I'd add blood parrots and flowerhorns to the list as well, hybrid cichlids with deformities and/or heightened aggression

A thought to add...

I would also think of adding Convict fish to this list as well, as they are more aggressive than other cichlids (or maybe it's just mine) and live for a long time...

Back
Top Bottom