Thinking about a saltwater tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay... got my light but extremely frustrated. Came with no instructions or anything! Plugged it in, all was well, but it doesn't fit properly on the tank... the brackets are too long, so it is resting on the glass. Okay but here comes another problem... the dumb connector for the two pieces of glass is right smack in the middle where I want to put the light so it's blocking some of the light output. What do I do??

Attachments

• DSCF3013.jpg
    DSCF3013.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF3014.jpg
    DSCF3014.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF3016.jpg
    DSCF3016.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 59
So I guess I will just have to rip the glass out of the rubber connector... Seems like such a waste. Overall, I'm quite happy with the light. It puts out a really nice color.

The lighting looks good! I just have my light sitting behind that black part on my freshwater tank. That way I can open the lid in the front to feed the fish.

That won't work for me... the light is too wide front to back, so that it bumps against the filter and part of it is still touching the rubber connector. I think I'm just going to rip the glass out of it and make do.

The blue lighting really makes it look more... salt-watery. lol

Okay, was able to slide the glass out of the connector, worked great! I can always put them back in if I need to. Now it looks even brighter, and works great. My LFS is having sales on corals this week, including zoas for as low as 5 dollars. Is everything in the clear zone for me to get my first coral?

Lol my hermits make me laugh... Tonight one of them switched into a really pretty shell that's nearly double the size of his old shell... I was like, hey why is that shell moving?? then I realized there was his empty shell laying on the sand. Not sure how's he lugging that thing around with him, but it looks like I have a totally different hermit double his size!

okapizebra said:
Okay, was able to slide the glass out of the connector, worked great! I can always put them back in if I need to. Now it looks even brighter, and works great. My LFS is having sales on corals this week, including zoas for as low as 5 dollars. Is everything in the clear zone for me to get my first coral?

Lol my hermits make me laugh... Tonight one of them switched into a really pretty shell that's nearly double the size of his old shell... I was like, hey why is that shell moving?? then I realized there was his empty shell laying on the sand. Not sure how's he lugging that thing around with him, but it looks like I have a totally different hermit double his size!

I don't think a $5 zoa should break the bank. Good test to see if you are where you want to be.

Sounds good! :) Definitely better than buying something way more and loosing it, huh?? lol.

Okay, well good news and bad news.

Picked up two zoa frags today!

Bad news... I think my fish have ich! :( Tonight when looking at my fish, I can see white spots that look like grains of salt. I knew buying fish from petco was not a good idea! Can someone please tell me a method of eradicating it without hurting my inverts and now corals, or post me a link to a method? Is it even possible? I'd hate to have to lose inverts over this... I really like them! The first link I found online was a copper treatment, which obviously isn't going to work well in here. I don't know what sources to believe, so some guidance would be appreciated.

Research hypo salinity. Ive never done It but have heard of people doing it to cure the fish from the ich. I'm sorry your fish have Ich. :(

I have no way to set up a hospital tank so I don't think this method will work. :/

okapizebra said:
I have no way to set up a hospital tank so I don't think this method will work. :/

I'd make a thread in the sick fish forum and ask for help. You'll probably get a quicker response there.

Everywhere I'm reading online says to find the underlying cause rather than treat the parasites themselves... For now my plan is to keep doing lots of WCs and keep the tank as healthy as possible because according to a lot of sites online the fish should be able to fight it off if given a stress free healthy environment.

Thanks! I'll post some pics... I got two very small frags, one is kinda pinkish-red and the other hasn't really opened much yet but it's kinda yellow on the inside and reddish on the outside.

It also appears as if the diatom bloom is just beginning... I see it starting to form on the glass.

Back
Top Bottom