Thinking of a secondry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graemecookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
As thinking of getting another tank like a 20 litre one for fry to start there life in and a hospital just in case get a poorly fish.
My wife wants to use it then put it away once a fish is better. Lol.
Does anyone else think its beneficial to have a secondary tank up and running

In your case, being a wife myself, I would abide by the rules of the house and stow the second tank unless needed. When you have a spouse that's not (yet) into the hobby, you really want to play nice at recess.

You can always stuff the QT filter media into the main tank's filter in order to keep it fully cycled, should you have an emergency and need to set the QT up again.

Get the one tank running beautifully, perhaps even let her pick a fish or two, slowly reel her in, and before you know it, she'll be thinking "oh wouldn't a little shrimp tank look adorable on that table".....

P.S. You want at least a 10 gallon for a hospital tank. Easier to dose meds, easier to keep clean, better size for a sick fish.

Lol! I like how you described roping a wife in. If only I could do the same with my mother!

There's a HUGE difference between keeping the peace with your kid and keeping the peace with your spouse...... HUGE. :cool:

Take off the skirt, stow the purse, put on a pair of pants and tell her "This is the way it's going to be!". ;) J/K

Do what the lady says, a happy wife is a happy home. :) I got three large tanks up using Lynda's method and my wife now even says she wants one of those coffee table fish tanks when we move to the new house. It may take time but she will get there.

Yeaah I know. Ive found a good balance by just acting reasonably. When I first brought a fish tank home she was pisssed lol. But now she's ok.

I'm on my own soon. And you can bet the first big tank I do will contain salt water. I love hermit crabs too much to not keep them in some capacity :p

Back
Top Bottom