Thinking of live plants......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted some thoughts on going to live plants. Now at the moment I just have fake plants. My lfs has some but I find that they seem to be overpriced. Now keep in mind I live in Canada the leader in funny money. I know I can order online but I can't justify shipping costs. Also any opinions on using possible river rocks/slabs? Maybe quartz rocks? Larger ones not small? And as for caves, clay pots or sanitized glass jars? I really wanna get the wow factor going.

plants root much better in finer substrate, so larger rocks will just guarantee the plants unrooting if even a fish so much as touches them.......finest is best, PFS(pool filter sand) is super cheap at $5 for like 50lbs......

clay pots look more aesthetically pleasing to me than glass jars, i have over 10 clay pots from 2"-10" in my breeding tanks:)

It really depends on your lighting, low light youre limited, medium to high light you have a wide range of options but you will also then move into the territory of needing ferts or co2.

What is your current light setup? Tank size is it for the 10g or the 30g?

In regards to the price you can always look for local people just post in the classifieds that you are looking for local pickup and what plants you want. Other wise look for local sellers so the shipping isn't so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom