Thinking Out Loud, Feel Free To Chime In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My current tank: 45 long, good, yet fake plants, 3 Angelfish, 7 rummy nose tetra, 4 zebra danios, 1 mystery snail, 1 von Rio. Planned stock: some RCS, mor mystery snails.

My thinking, I'm thinking about dropping (figuratively speaking).an Angel, and the danios. But picking up 6 Hatchet-Fish, 10 neons, 3 more rummies, and I'm thinking of 5 more von Rios if it wouldn't put over stocked.

Also thinking about changing half the tank from gravel, to sand, but not the whole thing, like splitting it evenly from on corner to the other. I think it might be interesting.

My current tank: 45 long, good, yet fake plants, 3 Angelfish, 7 rummy nose tetra, 4 zebra danios, 1 mystery snail, 1 von Rio. Planned stock: some RCS, mor mystery snails.

My thinking, I'm thinking about dropping (figuratively speaking).an Angel, and the danios. But picking up 6 Hatchet-Fish, 10 neons, 3 more rummies, and I'm thinking of 5 more von Rios if it wouldn't put over stocked.

Also thinking about changing half the tank from gravel, to sand, but not the whole thing, like splitting it evenly from on corner to the other. I think it might be interesting.

Just wanted to let you know that angels will eat RCS and neons.

The Angelfish will eat the neons? I figured at 1.5 inches, the neons would be ok.

My 80 is split half sand half gravel. I like the look personally. I haven't found any issues in doing so either. The only thing it's changed (besides the look) is when I do pwc and vacuum. I have to be mindful of the difference between the substrates. I've also noticed over the time the line I had originally where the two met has become more muddied. It's blended and looks a bit like when sand meets the shoreline.
Edit*
As for the angels depending on how large they are will effect the safety of the neons. The saying if it will fit in their mouth really stands true IME.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom