Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy the flat pack for like $11 it will last you forever. :) Most lfs carry them. I use them and flat back enriched brine and flat pack bloodworms. I like to offer a variety

needmorecowbell said:
What bout fish flakes lol? They good? I'll buy the cubes too but I'd like a cheaper staple food

That's what I'm going to do. Frozen 2-4 times a week and high quality flake the rest. When you look at flakes get one that doesn't say "wheat meal" for the first ingredient.:) and look for low phosphates...

lol i hate my lfs... they sell it for 25$ :/ i will try to find them cheaper but the next closest store is a chain store. if they have it i will buy the ones you mentioned. dont you like melt the cube in a fish net and feed them the stuff thats left?

Update

i got my new moonlight today and was wondering where i will place it. its a soft strip with adhesive on the back but i dont think its waterproofed ( if thats even possible). any suggestions? also, i found out that i owe my mom MORE money and wont be getting my light anytime soon. because of that, i will most likely not get any corals until about january. more time for fish though lol. Is it a good idea to buy fish online or is that way too risky? i dont want to give my lfs much more service because they are pretty much a monopoly. the filter i bought was 60$ above the price i saw when i last came there! it was the same place within 2 months of eachother! Anyways, sorry for rambling lol. Any suggestions, questions, or comments would be great.

I've gotten fish a few times from online sellers and each time my fish purchases were perfect. It can get expensive for shipping though. LA charges $35

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I checked shipping rates and it would be cheaper than buying at my lfs. The fish look nice too.

Same here. My lfs is great but there over priced. They have a TON of corals but not much fish. I'll be getting most of my fish and coral online at LA:) but shipping sucks...

Ya but it's still cheaper and my lfs will lete sell them my frags :) I'm going to buy my softies from them. Also, is shipping per animal or altogether?

Yaay!!! That means it will be soo much cheaper if I buy my corals and fish in bulk! ( don't go crazy though, I know lol)

Yep, I just ordered 6 fish at once from them saved quite a bit that way. The fish would have cost more locally for me as well.

It would be great if you could add 3 fish at the same:( but I can add all the corals I want!!:D

Ya! Also you could add corals at the same time as your fish so you could get like 2 fish and 3 coralss and save like 70-100$ for me at least lol

Carey, what do you think about needmorecowbell's post in the previous page about adding the cuc? because I'm courous too:)

Back
Top Bottom