Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Got the corals!!! All sps :D

1 purple tip
1 bonsai
1 green slimer
1 big hollywood stunner
1 green tabling acro (I'm super excited about this one)

I'm about to explode with excitement on this buy... It was 30$ and all of these corals are going to be absolutely beautiful IMO. Im still in disbelief, I thought I was going to get like 2 corals or so, not 5, let alone 5 decently sized frags. Most were under halides and the chalice was under t5s. I'll be putting them all at the Sandbed tonight. I don't know where I'm going to put them lol. I can't wait to see the colors under my LEDs, I'm about to pee my pants in excitement or something lol. It's pretty ridiculous that I'm 15 and I'm just about as excited as a normal teenager who just found out he got a car. I think I've expressed how I feel pretty well now... Pics soon, probably next monday because I'll be gone for the weekend.

Lol!!!! Hahaha adam..i am going to send over a nice big of birdsnest someday...i love how excited you get.

Also, do you dose anything to get your corals to grow quicker? I feel mine wont grow much...

Lol it's a little weird how excited I get, I know. Here's what my stunner looks like and this is the color of my bonsai, its pretty accurate..

Everything has been placed where I want it, the lights are at a lower setting and they were originally under halides, so they'll be fine.

The bonsai looks great but it's brownish, not purple (the tips are purple) I think it will color up eventually.

The slimer is my favorite, it's polyps are crazy and it is sooooo green.

Chalice is pretty, it will be staying on the bottom so it doesn't sting anything, not much room in my tank lol.

Tabling acro is cool, a little brown, but it will green up I'm sure.

The purple tip doesn't have much polyp extension, which makes me think more flow.. Well see in a day or two.

Fish are very healthy, I'm pretty satisfied with the tank now, the Midas blenny and canopy will be finishing touches :)

i lied, pics are up today hehehe

img_1978945_0_1dd41ba030adba0eae0919b006249e0a.jpg

img_1978945_1_0e6000bf146b2946288a5b24a469bb5e.jpg
img_1978945_2_3ab7dc2744ea0b07018f6e59ad5b3168.jpg
img_1978945_3_26a714939d66d33f4752cdd556c04430.jpg
img_1978945_4_11d6c46fc87841bdeb425c2212516939.jpg
img_1978945_5_8c8574478bbb76330d7060e541385833.jpg

Yes it will. I just got done doing a water change with my ATO as well, pretty awesome. Just moved the tubing into my new water and started scooping out old water from the DT. Worked out well. The ATO was the third best addition to my tank I made. First 2 being my radions lol.

Lol I'm just lazy, I do that too :)

It should come within a couple days, which is really exciting. I probably won't be as happy as I was with the new corals though.

The green slimer is the craziest coral I have ever seen. It seems cartoony. I really love my tabling Acro, i found the species it is and it will look cool when it grows out.

I'm going to have a friend over and were going to frag my seriatopora guttatus into a bunch of smaller pieces, with a few 4" ones or so. It's gotten pretty big fast, hard to tell without looking at past pics though. I'll probably donate some but I'd like to sell a few on Craigslist. I need more room in my tank, it's getting to the point where my Lps are going to sting some things. I'll probably also sell my palys and my acan. It's just not doing well in my tank, if someone else likes them, I'd much rather have them keep it, although it has grown from 2 heads to 15 for me.

Found out my tabling acro is a solitaryensis... Very pretty and can't wait for it to get a little more color. I moved the bonsai up a lot because I heard they like as much light as possible. And I'm only running at 25% right now B)

The other corals are great also, the purple tip has neon green polyps on the base, hopefully I'll get some on the tops too.

This afternoon. Found it on the candy cane. I'm not really worried about it, it seems fine now other than its shrunken, no melting. It did turn a really pretty blue color though lol.

How can I tell if it's a lord or regular? I'm guessing it was regular since it was 5$..

My camera skills are officially horrible though lol. I honestly need a better camera, or at least steadier hands haha.

If it makes you feel better, my camera is so outdated my phone has better performance.

In terms of telling the difference between lords and just acans, I stole this from another post.
"Flesh of the echinata that surrounds the mouth appears like it's all one piece. No clear separation of the polyps like a acan lord has. Once you see enough of them it's very easy to spot.

If you irritate an acan lord the flesh will pull on and you can see the separation inbetween each polyp, when you do the same thing to a acan echinata the flesh pulls in but it still looks about the same as it did when puffed up"

Lol, yeah, but this is my parents nicer camera. I just don't see how it can take some really nice pics then sometimes it looks like, well, the videos I just put up.

I can definitely see separation, there is a purple skeleton covering where the actual polyp isn't...

The bonsai is purpling up rather quickly, I was surprised to see a purple tint to the brown today. Can't wait till its completely acclimated. Same with my purple tip, I've been seeing neon green polyps that are slowly coming out.

My ato came in. I attached it to where I wanted it. It looks like it will work well. Just need the aqualifter to come in tomorrow. Then I'll have my ato all ready! The corals all look amazing. The tabling soli looks a lot greener and has some nice lookin polyps.

Back
Top Bottom