This doesn't look good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this green algae growing over my coralline on the back glass. I had some snails taking care of it but every time they fell off the glass, my emerald crab or serpent star made short work of them. Today I noticed and even bigger problem on the bottom part of the glass. It looks like hair algae but not sure. I don't have any type of algae growing on my rock work. Just the back glass .Any critters I can buy to take care of this or should I just scrape it off and hope it doesn't migrate to my rock work. I know Sniper Hank will respond to this so don't be too hard on me Hank..lol This is a learning experience and I've had many issues and they have all been solved thanks to every one on this site...

Attachments

• Algea glass.jpg
    Algea glass.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 85
I had algae like that when my reef was young. Nutrients in the water column that you've been battling if I remember correctly. New livestock won't solve that.

If you have a skimmer, try Turning it up or do extra water changes. If you can pin point the exact intranets your battling with (phosphate,etc) you could target the problem directly with mechanical filtration

Back
Top Bottom