this is a long shot but anyone have puppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quest84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, I know this is an aquarium forum but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Does anyone on here have puppies? or work for a rescue? I'm having a hard time finding a pup here in NJ, most of the dogs in the shelters here are adult pitbulls (I don't mind pitties but my family is scared of them)

my ideal dog would be a mix breed pup, maybe a lab boxer mix, or a lab shepherd mix..something like that. The small dogs are cute, but not for me so no yorkies or lil fluffy dogs haha

I'm looking for a younger dog so that he/she will be part of my family for a very long time. I lost my dog due to cancer last Feb. unfortunately, so I think i'm ready now to get another dog.

I'm sorry about the loss of your last buddy. I'm all too familiar with that and it sucks. Big time. There are other avenues outside of shelters. You can search for breed specific rescues in/around your area. Some have specific guidelines they follow about being a renter, having kids or not, etc and so on. Here's one in your area possibly, but don't know if you've seen it. http://dog.rescueme.org/NewJersey

I've also kept an eye on http://gsrne.org/ when I was looking a while ago. Like you, my area is overloaded with pits. Not that they're bad dogs, just not what I was looking for.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck, and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

yea it was tough, I raised her from a pup and she was with me for 9 years. It's sad they don't live longer because they truly do become part of the family. I have my own home and and 5' fenced in backyard and plenty of vet references so that won't be an issue.

Thanks for those links Tree..I will check them out.

I suggest goldendoodles! Standards have awesome personalities as do minis, they aren't yippy or anything. Otherwise, try Operation Paws for Homes, I volunteer there and they are AWESOME! It's a foster group mainly and they have a lot of dogs, many of which are the breeds you are looking for.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom