This is ich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a perfect (sadly enough) example of what ich looks like.. not my fish/tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1414789137983.jpg
    1414789137983.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 112
Yes and That is bad!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

That's what all the fish at my local big box look like every single time I go there. And they're all for sale. So sad.

What is big box

Can't say.. rhymes with fet complies flus though..

What is big box

The general term for the larger national chain pet stores.
Brookster - For a while I thought you had a bad case of autocorrect. It could have been any of them because the pool blue color is a common theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey its a polka-dot fish! Always wanted one of those...to bad i had that d*** parasite kill of 90% of my original stock. Never again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The general term for the larger national chain pet stores.
Brookster - For a while I thought you had a bad case of autocorrect. It could have been any of them because the pool blue color is a common theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Err, can I get a hint on what that is? Knowing Brookster I have a good guess ( :) ) and very likely agree.

Hey its a polka-dot fish! Always wanted one of those...to bad i had that d*** parasite kill of 90% of my original stock. Never again.

Once you learn how to treat it, you will never lose another fish to it ever again. It's definitely the easiest ailment there is to treat and not something from which a fish should ever die. I'm not saying that to put you down, but to give you hope because ich is extremely common and it's something you'll probably encounter over and over again.

Once you learn how to treat it, you will never lose another fish to it ever again. It's definitely the easiest ailment there is to treat and not something from which a fish should ever die. I'm not saying that to put you down, but to give you hope because ich is extremely common and it's something you'll probably encounter over and over again.

What is the absolute best way to treat it?

In my experience 2 weeks at 86+ degrees. That's really all there is to it. I go to 88 just to be safe.

There are a number of other ways to treat it that are effective.

I am not even 100% sure thag it was ich. The fish only had white apots on their tails. I used ich meds but that may have done more harm than good. All happened cause i didn't clean the mouth of an old milk jug lid, and i think some milk want rinsed of good enough

There are white spots that are not ich, which is why it's always good for people to post a picture for identification.

I just meant in general. More times than I can count people have started threads about white spots and everyone assumed ich. Once pics were posted it was clearly not ich.

Put it this way.. if I had access to the heater on that tank?? Simple twist up and that stock probably would have been fine. If i had posted a pic of the Oscars, electric blue acara and 5 common plecos than you all would have chastised me for leaving them there. from a fish keeping standpoint it's disgraceful, plain and simply wrong. What I don't understand.. from a business standpoint. . Surely they're hemorrhaging money here.. i talked with a new employee who had been tasked with ordering stock, he keeps arrowana, oscars, piranhas, dolpins.. no tanks he owned was larger than 55g???????? Clown shoes, no make up though.. he orders this ridiculous stock and sells them to poor fools with 10 gal tanks? Assuming they sell, I've seen $10 bills floating many times?? Ehhh sorry for the rant it just blows my mind how people can be so stupid sometimes. Yes stupid.. this day in age anyone with a smartphone could win a Nobel prize.. lazy is all..

I couldn't agree more - with how readily available information is now, there's no excuse for making uninformed purchases.

Wait so your saying I can't have 10 neon tetras, discus, kenyi, black ghost knife, and a common pleco in my 29gal brookster?!

Just joking around. Research saves fish people!

Back
Top Bottom