This is just wierd.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today i bought two guppies to put in my main brackish tank that holds the gobies and loaches i have. They were fine when i put them in. Then when i wake up early and check on them. I find my newest guppies tail and fins ripped to shreds. Why? I don't think there's anything there that they could have caught them and did that to them. My other guppy is missing now too.

I have heard stories (all that they may be) about bb gobies sucking the eyes out of guppies. If you have a close look they have a large mouth for such a small fish too. Also I put a yoyo from my 55 gal into my 15 gal guppie breeder to clean up the snails and lost alot of my guppies but i couldn't be sure what to, it's in the spare room and the snails would destroy any chances of an autopsy.

I had a clown loach in with a betta once...he couldn't resist the betta's long flowing fins, had to remove the poor little guy when I found him battered and beaten one morning

I found out my knight goby was the one doing this. He's since been removed.

yeah thats like my red tailed shark, the little punk all of a sudden has became brave and attacks and chases my tiger barbs, before he hid in the cave for weeks, sigh......maybe one day he'll learn to lpay nice

My redtails like to chase my green tiger barbs also. I figure the barbs annot them.

Back
Top Bottom