This is probably a stupid question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just because something is 'non-toxic' does not mean its fish safe. I would keep water colors out of your aquarium. If you were set on 'coloring' your aquarium, food dye may be a safer option but I honestly would skip coloring your water altogether.

Fish rely on their vision and natural (as natural as you can get at least) surroundings to be healthy and stress free. I'd imagine if you dye your water you're going to stress them out something awful, physically and mentally, which can lead to them being much more susceptible to disease and a poor quality of life. Fish shouldn't be used for just peoples pleasure and eye candy, they're still living creatures =\

Were you talking about the water color paint? Like to paint a decoration or something? Thats what i took it as

huh ^^ I didn't even think of that lol... disregard if that's the case. I still say no though, I'm sure they sell aquatic paints for that kind of stuff if it's truly necessary

Miss.Jo said:
Fish rely on their vision and natural (as natural as you can get at least) surroundings to be healthy and stress free. I'd imagine if you dye your water you're going to stress them out something awful, physically and mentally, which can lead to them being much more susceptible to disease and a poor quality of life. Fish shouldn't be used for just peoples pleasure and eye candy, they're still living creatures =\

No I actually want to color a decoration.

Lol i think we all assumed u ment to color the water. sorry i jumped to conclusions, a fish store will probably carry aquarium safe paint, just research and ask around.

Watercolors would just dissolve once you put the decoration in the tank. Find an aquarium safe paint of some sort. I know krylon fusion spray paint is safe as long as it can dry completely for a few days before going in the water, although it may only work on plastics. I'm not sure about that. As long as you can find an aquarium safe clear coat to seal it with you can pretty much use whatever paint you like.

Back
Top Bottom