This took forever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally, after having my Crinum Natans for 8-10 months (and it having a trunk like a tree)

Natans.jpg

a Flower. The part that surprises me is, I didn't see it yesterday. This shot up overnight..

Guess replacing my old lights with a 4x65W & 1x32W did some good.

The leaves on that plant are just gorgeous-the flower is remarkable. Very nice shot. I'd love to see one of the whole plant if you can!

Not the easiest thing to do since some of the leaves are over 3' long (I've cut some off that were over 4' long) but this one is one of the better.

BigNatans.jpg

This plant gets huge, and huge is sort of an understatement.. The trunk (behind the Anubias Leaf) is about 2-2.5" in diameter. I can't imagine a tank that the leaves wouldn't break surface..

Sorry about the GSA, can't seem to keep any phosphates. I've even accidentally dosed to 6ppm (added 1/2 tsp dry) and it's bottoming out 2-3 days later..

Beautiful plant WoO. I'm anxious to see that flower fully bloomed. I've never seen a Crinum bloom before. Keep up the pics :)

I never have either. from what I read, they are very aromatic, only appropriate that my nose plugged up this morning..

I've read they are a lily type flower, Guess I'll have to remove the glass top there to let it come out (probably tonight)

I'm rather anxious myself.. I've also read that when it shoots up the flower, it often forms new bulbs.. be interesting to see if there is truth to that. I double checked with my wife (her computer is right next to it) and she didn't see it yesterday either.. The plant is usually bubbling around 2:30-3:00pm.. 7 hours before lights out.. (no matter what I've tried, this plant bleeds O2, It's too rigid to grow so it cracks itself near the base, sort of stretching) guess it really stores it up during the day...

Perhaps when the full tank get's a haircut.. Some of it's a little leggy..

Well the flower is just touching the surface, should be on top by tomorrow.. Really hope the cat doesn't eat it..

Well, it's the slowest propagating weed I've seen, but a Monster nonetheless..

The flower broke the surface today, but so far I'm not impressed.. still not open all the way.

If it looks any better then that picture I'll post one up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom