Thoughts about breeding Neos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Long story short I have been keeping a group of shrimp - some back story here

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/chocolate-cherry-rcs-with-pics-319623.html

They started as Fire Reds then were all eaten by Scarlet badis and some predatory nano fish. Then Reddish Brown I call Auburn. Then those passed and I found I had shrimp and they weren't all dead.

Then found just a couple and they were Brown black with a hint of blue (had lots of babies, didn't cull. the darkest male died and now there are mostly tan, bronze, red and Blue grey, a few blackish brown.

I wanted to try breeding back some darkish red with a hint of brown and with the Dark female and add in some Blue Velvets (their color came from bright red shrimp)

Anybody do any of this craziness?
60074-albums9764-picture67594.jpg

60074-albums9764-picture67592.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture68864.jpg

I was wondering about taking these and seeing what comes about.

Last edited:
Taking what? Autumn! Taking what?!

Hahaha I came in on the edit XD Is that a dream blue? Mine are darker...

No. They are Blue Velvet... Dreams seem to be darker.

LOL I have had so many problems getting pics to load so they can be seen I forgot the last part!

Last edited:
I was going to do the Blue Diamond, but I haven't seen any around locally. That means order out of area which I am not ready for yet as I can't see a proven quality source.

I could let go of a couple of males if you'd like to meet up next weekend. I only have the thick plastic bags, but they'll be fine for the few hours. They're solidly deep blue, take a look at the 20L to 55g (actually... wish I could rename it to 40b) hahaha

Back
Top Bottom