thoughts on this betta bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a small filter and heater on the way. Good fit?

zHSc5be.jpg

I have another clear container that's taller. Do shrimp do good in tall containers?

it could look really nice. one thing to keep in mind is not to fill it up too much as betta can jump

is a clear tank as in the tank itself, a prerequisite for the fish, what if I started an aquarium in a white or black Tupperware container and perhaps an underwater camera connected to my computer via ip (im thinking about future aqaurriums) which fish is appropriate for this?

punch bowl betta

imo I don't think its big enough the tank should have at least 3 gallons and prefer 5 gallons and be aware they will jump out if less than2 or 3 inches for rim then you would have to change the water at least 50 % every about 3 dayus it would have to be temp matched declorinated and ph matched just sayin with what ive learned

it's a better alternative to the pet shop?

I have a 2 gallon glass container, should i house a betta in that and house shrimp in the one gallon shown in the op?

how about this for this betta, and shrimp+ snails for the original bowl?

9DlKAoY.jpg

how about this for this betta, and shrimp+ snails for the original bowl?

Why not buy a cheap glass 5 gallon tank that comes with a filter and a lid...
it'll look better and will be better for the fish than a vase.

Starter Tank 19L | Pets At Home

dont know if youre UK or US or else where but this is £26 which is about $35.
Youll need a heater also .. a 25w or 50w heater.. price ranges from £15 to £25

Second choice is better. Just keep in mind bettas are air breathers so keep room for them open at the top.

I'm not sure about shrimp climbing out of the bowl if they get bored. Some do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Keep in mind Bettas can live years with good care. I give mine 5-10g tanks. 2.5-3g is my bare minimum and that's with live plants.

My males typically go 5yrs. My oldest went 6yrs. The record I think was 10yrs ?

My last boy in his 10g tank
61ffc299834772be141707bbec5c1074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind Bettas can live years with good care. I give mine 5-10g tanks. 2.5-3g is my bare minimum and that's with live plants.

My males typically go 5yrs. My oldest went 6yrs. The record I think was 10yrs ?

My last boy in his 10g tank
61ffc299834772be141707bbec5c1074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

You may think it will be fun having a betta in such a cute container but the reality is the water quality will be nearly impossible to keep up which likely means dealing with fin rot off and on at a minimum which is no fun. And with no room to explore or swim around the betta will just kinda sit at the bottom. Boring for him, boring for you, imo.

And it will be even harder to keep invertebrates in such a small container. They are even more sensitive to water quality issues than many fish are.

Back
Top Bottom