THREE WEEKS NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well its been three weeks now and my puffer wont eat, he looks good ,doing his normal thing with the exception of he wont eat
Does not want the krill he use to eat, does not want shrimp-sqid-pellits-prawn or snails, instead he eats sand
No kidding he s eating sand and pooping sand, dont understand what thats all about but ive exhausted everything I could think of and now im just tired, theres nothing more I can do , its really in his hands now

Might be a long shot but you might try burying either small live manila clams or mussels just below the sands surface. If it's hunting primarily in the sand, that would be the best place to place prey items.

Cheers
Steve

have you tried stuffing empty clamshells with frozen foods? Mine wouldnt eat until he could "open" the shells himself. stuff it with food, semi bury it in the sand.

After three and a half weeks I got my puffer to eat, ody enough he will only eat ghost shrimp, weird, he was tank aised on freeze dried krill now he wont touch it or any frozen foods either
For the heck of it I decided to get some ghost shrimp, I droped ten in he got three then the tush got the rest so I went back up to the store and got like 30 of them and droped them in, theres not one left, he got about twenty of them the tusk got the other ten or so
Not the healtiest food for him but after thee and a half weeks of not eating it was exciting to see him eat

I actually just read this on another website a few minutes ago and the pork puffer in question had immediate results.

It was suggested to get some smaller snails (cerith, margarita, nassarius et al) and crack the shell before adding to the tank. Sure enough the owner did this and it worked. The puffer also began showing renewed interest in frozen meaty foods. Not sure if you'll have the same success but might be worth a try.

Cheers
Steve

When I first got my puffer he would not eat. I finaly got it to eat live ghost shrimp and live feeder plateis. After it started eating those he would eat shrimp cut up the stuff you buy frosen in the grocer store.

Back
Top Bottom