Through wall or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jules_bike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am building a house and have the opportunity to fit an aquarium between my dining room and living room in a 140cm (about 4 1/2 feet) high room divider (which will house a double sided fire place and TV on the living room side).

I have a questions which of course is quite subjective but I am interested in other peoples views.

Should I have it through wall viewable from both living and dining or not?

My issue with through wall is that in the living room it would compete with the TV and Fireplace and might be excessive.

I also wonder whether through wall restricts the placement of tank equipment which otherwise would be hidden at the back.

Look forward to any replies

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. I love the idea of through the wall aquariums BUT in your case if it's going to compete with the tv and fireplace I would find another place for it. ONLY because your gonna put so much time and effort into your tank, get it looking just right and be proud of it and your fish that are in it. I would want it in location where it would be the focal point in that room.

Like mine, I have it against the wall in our living room but on the opposite side as the tv and windows. So if your sitting on the chairs or little couch on one side your view is the tank and a picture of my 2 month old son. If your on the big sectional your viewing the tv and hearing the nice water effect of the tank.

Make sense? And again just my opinion.

Good luck with whatever avenue you choose.

Yes I think you are right - too much on one wall. The dining side is less of a problem because the fire is going to be a fair distance from where the tank would be. One sided it shall be. Next question if you can help....could I have everything accessible from the top - I do not want to have access panels to the side or below the tank. This would be a freshwater tank.

That I can't too much. I've in wall tanks that have a panel on top back of where tank is. I've seen them in restaurants and a few homes I've been in. You don't even see the panel. I've asked how do you get to the tank and they've broken down the wall panel by panel to reveal all hardware and top of tank. Pretty cool I think. Would love to do that.

Sorry couldn't help more.

Back
Top Bottom