Thunderstorm heading in -- Tank okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey thanks ^^ I didn't make the art though, I just edited it but I still think it came out nice.

Odd

I guess I never really thought about my aquarium getting hit by lightning through the window. I do however have a surge protector hooked up to my tank just in case.

If i shut down my computer every time there was thunder or lightnening, i would NEVER be on, and that is not sarcasm.. I only shut down if its really really really bad. Also, shutting down doesn't do any good unless you unplug too!!!

my exact words "I always shut down and unplug my computer during a thunderstorm. I paid way too much for this thing for it to get fried"

If you do some reaserch into electrical grouding there really isnt anything to worry about a computer or tank getting fried.. unless you have built buildings onto your property and didnt ground them to the main grounding rod thats at the base of your electric service.. lighning is attracted to the most static charge.. If done properly that should be at the main powers grounding rod. (when I was a kid our TV kept getting zaped because my dad didnt tie the outdoor antena's ground to the main ground, too bad I wasnt old enough to understand then why it was happening, to help him fix it) :p

we had one like 3 years ago, the point of origin was in the Adirondacks in North Eastern New York and it actually shook us pretty well, at least things on the wall were swaying and i thought we were going to die, because we dont have earthquakes here often

We used to have earthquakes on a yearly basis but haven't in years....thankfully. We just worry about Tornado's now.

Most I've ever had was a little tremor. I was on the computer and felt the floor shaking a little, I just thought it was a big truck driving by. lol

Back
Top Bottom