Tiger barbs and mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Despirotomatico

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got 4 tiger barbs and 4 mollys from my lfs the guy toll me they can be together but the tb are starting chasing all mollys and tetras I have in my fish tank is that normal?

To lower the aggression I would add a couple more TB. More TB usually means less aggression.

I got 2 tiger barbs and 2 albino tiger barbs but they dont get together whyif both are tiger barbs

Despirotomatico said:
I got 2 tiger barbs and 2 albino tiger barbs but they dont get together whyif both are tiger barbs

Although they are both the same species, I find the three different color morphs ( regular, green ,albino)more often hang out with their own when in smaller numbers. I see it with my TB's. But I find if you increase their numbers, the color morphs shoal together more.

Im thinking get 3 regulars and 3 albinos becose they killed 1 molly this morning so they are agreesive

Im thinking get 3 regulars and 3 albinos becose they killed 1 molly this morning so they are agreesive

In smaller numbers they become aggressive and fin-nippy ... keeping them in larger numbers basically causes them to focus their aggression on each other as they jockey for top spot of the shoal ... nature of the beast.

However ... with TB's there's no guarantee ... just less likely they'll bully non-barbs in larger numbers.

Back
Top Bottom