Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip0204

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had 5 Tiger barbs (3 from Wal-Mart 2 from Petco) for over a month now and for the most part they are pefectly fine. Although one of the two small ones both from petco not that that might matter fades out here and there. At first glance it looked like a white film over him. However he goes back to pefect colors right after. I was just curious what this was about. He has been doing it for about 2-3 weeks now. They are fed fine and it looks like a feeding frenzy everytime you put a dash a food in. And they all eat. The water peramters are fine. It is a 65 gallon tank so it is plenty big enough. for the most part they do not fight with each other although the two from petco (small ones) square off on each other every so often. He looks pefectly happy Im just curious if this is a problem.

Oh one more thing the stay in a school for the most part. Every so often the two bigger ones will swim off and do whatever tehy do but they always come back to the group.

Without being able to see a picture it is hard to say. Color changes can occur for many reasons in fish. What are your exact parameters? If the whitish stuff doesn't stay I wouldn't worry until you see it constantly or they start to act differently.

Back
Top Bottom