Tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've just decided to get back into fish... I had two 29 g when I was a kid but care is different I see as an adult( learning about cycling and serious care) I started out small this time because i wanted to make sure it was something I wanted to do and I want to do it right. I recently purchased 5 tiger barbs for a ten gallon. I wad told that would be okay but most everything i read online says differently .. Some say it's okay some say it isn't... I would love to upgrade to a larger tank but I cannot afford to do so at the time ... I'm here to learn :) I've had my barbs in the 10g tank for a couple months now...

Here's my set up... U can tell me what u think :)

Attachments

• image-3839561384.jpg
    image-3839561384.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1630813362.jpg
    image-1630813362.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-658407677.jpg
    image-658407677.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 86
your tank looks great,but yes,you will need to rehome your tiger barbs.

I like you tank looks very nice I currently have 3 tigers in a 25gal they have only been in it for a few days they were in a 12gal before hand for about 2 months and the only problem I had was the males would fight a lot just being territorial.

Thank you. Do you know if they Will be okay until they get larger?? They aren't very big at the time..

Thanks, i think they are fin nipping a bit...

Flossie said:
Thanks, i think they are fin nipping a bit...

Yes they will do that a lot I had a Bala in with them and they would go after his dorsal fin all the time til he started to get them back. They have calmed down a lot and have kinda taken over one corner of the tank.

Do they do that in every size tank??? Hopefully they'll be ok until I can move them.... Thanks so much for all of your input... It is greatly appreciated

Awesome!!! Thank u so much... I want to do this the right way :)

Back
Top Bottom