Tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kissing gouramis can get pretty big. Have you looked at the green our blue gouramis?

I was also looking up the kissing gourami and was wondering if those would be ok in a 20 gallon with cherry barbs and a dwarf gourami

Sorry I'm late for this thread ... I enjoy discussing TigerBarbs. Actually most Gourami's .. especially the kissing ... get too big for a 20gal. Only dwarf Gourami's are the most suitable for a 20gal.

As already mentioned, a 20gal is too small for a school of TB's, but Cherry Barbs, Checkered Barbs (Puntius oligolepis) and or gold barbs (Puntius semifasciolatus).

Dwarf Gouramis (Colisa lalia), Honey/Sunset Gouramis (Colisa chuna) and even Thick-Lipped Gouramis (Colisa Labiosa) are suitable for a 20g aquarium. They all stay under 4" and are peaceful. One of these fish would be a wonderful centerpiece fish. However, as jcolon said, all other Gouramis get far too large for a 20g.

Wow a lot of opinions here!! While tiger barbs are beautiful fish they are really a crapshoot. I successfully kept tb's in a ten gallon aquarium. Recently I had a school of about 6 in my 55 gal. I ended up donating them to a local pet store. One of the tb's turned into an absolute killer!! I was disappointed but they had to go!

So far ive decided on a dwarf gourami, the colors are beautiful and maybe cherry barbs. I'm gonna look up the checked barbs now cuz those sound neat. The kulih loach also seem great but it all depends in what I can find local. Im gonna search

Back
Top Bottom