Tilly not having babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had a female guppy (Tilly) for about three months now, when my mom gave her to me she was obviously pregnant. Well she never dropped but I could see her gravid spot was getting larger and could see the individual babies, as I was looking at her today I noticed that you can't see them anymore its just a big spot. Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

View attachment 92232

Doesn't kook gravid from picture, but I think you said that anyway. Quite likely she aborted after the move, which does happen sometimes. As for the subsequent drops, perhaps the other fish ate 'em...I've had it happen. Other possibility is any fry that were born got sucked into the filter or are hiding in the tank. I've been finding fry lately with little to no explanation where they came from...momma guppies haven't been gravid in a couple months and the boys were separated to avoid just that lol

Ummm ok..... now I'm beyond confuzeled, Now her belly is different today, the right side still looks like it did yesterday and on the left side I can see the fry can't see any fry eyes though

I had something similar happen with my balloon molly. She was prego for weeks and kept getting bigger. She even began to box off making me think it was time. Babies never came. Eventually i questioned whether she was still pregnant for a few days then a few days later she appeared more pregnant than ever. Her gravid spot is very large and getting darker. Today shes beginning to dilate. Have no idea why she didnt seem prego a few days in the middle.

I'm not sure how many more days till she delivers though. These are my first balloon mollies. I read it could still be several days more so ive opted not to place her in the breeder box yet.

Back
Top Bottom