Time to buy MY first fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawkor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I recently got an established 75 gallon tank with 20 gallon sump/fuge from a guy on Craigslist. It came with a purple pseudochromis he's doing really well and he is constantly hunting for pods. I have been testing the water and everything looks good. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates, and 8.0 ph. I have been adding buffer to get the ph up a bit. So now I'm going to buy my first fish:D. I was thinking of getting a foxface or a yellow tang. Which one would typically be more hardy, and are these OK choices?

Thanks,
Landon

they are both great fish but i would get the yellow tang(safer to be in the tank with it.)

The foxface has venomous fins, used as a defense mechanism. You should be ok if you are careful in the tank. They are mainly used when another fish tries to swallow it.

I've heard a foxface gives a pretty painful sting just like a hornet sting reaction in most people. Of course the tang can gash open a large wound with that barb....BOTH COOL CHOICES!! Just keep kids outta the tank!!

Back
Top Bottom