timed photo period and plant growth...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tulip55555

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just bought a timer and I was wondering if having a precise photo period affect growth at all??

Thanks

Anywhere from 8-12 hours is good. As for it being precise; I really don't think it matters. Timers are more for convenience then anything else.

I heard that plants do respond better to timed photo periods and once you set one, stick with it, if you need to change it, try to do it gradually... I believe the reoccuring on/off photosynthesis period at regular intervals mimics real life that plants have adapted to naturally and of course its convenient so you dont forget and miss days of on periods or forget to turn it off and encourage algae growth....

I heard that plants do respond better to timed photo periods and once you set one, stick with it, if you need to change it, try to do it gradually... I believe the reoccuring on/off photosynthesis period at regular intervals mimics real life that plants have adapted to naturally and of course its convenient so you dont forget and miss days of on periods or forget to turn it off and encourage algae growth....

I thought I read something to that effect, but I can't find the article again. That's why I asked here...to see if anyone else had heard the same thing. Thanks so much for confirming that.

Back
Top Bottom