Time's up, Tannins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackcaspian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank that has been setup for about 7 months. The problem is that it's water is a brownish, tea color. It seems that it doesn't matter what I do, it won't go away! I have tried water changes, adding carbon, and even adding water conditioner. I need help and advice of how to remove it without having to take out my driftwood. Thanks.

I have a 55 gallon tank that has been setup for about 7 months. The problem is that it's water is a brownish, tea color. It seems that it doesn't matter what I do, it won't go away! I have tried water changes, adding carbon, and even adding water conditioner. I need help and advice of how to remove it without having to take out my driftwood. Thanks.

Carbon and water conditioners won't help with tannins. I highly recommend adding Purigen in your filter. Extra filter floss can help too.

Add a carbon sponge to your filter. If I were you, I would keep the tannins. Makes the tank look more natural.

Back
Top Bottom