Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like this???

I can't seem to get a pic with the iPhone that's shows em close up. But they look like little spirals almost

Attachments

• image-2521767413.jpg
    image-2521767413.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 81
carey said:
yep, just like coralline. ;-) You'll see, green to purple.

Carey wins the coveted "No Prize" award. Those are the starter colonies of Coraline algae that do turn purple as soon as it gets a bit bigger...at least that is what I have to continuously scrape off my front glass, I let it spread on the back walls and that is how it started. It will turn purple about the time it gets 1/4" in diameter if We are right.

I'll leave em on the back and sides and see what follows. I suppose I was just worried as it only just started appearing and I have gobs of coralline on the glass. Also the dots are oval shaped with an almost yellow center suggesting to me a living animal (snail, slug, etc.)

I'll leave them for sure though, I can always use more coralline!

Oh those are spirals...I have solid circles or ovals of it. I think these are different than spirobid worms.

Guess it depends on which circles you have. if they are have circular ridges then its the worms. :)

be it coraline, feather dusters or sponges I'd leave it on the back like everyone else has said. The sponges and FD's are both filter feeders. (y)

So I decided since my wrasse went missing that I could add a 5th fish to the tank. Went looking today and found a good candidate: pink spotted watchman goby.

Now my stock is: (2) B/W clowns, purple firefish, Midas blenny, pink spot goby.

I'll try to get a better pic later as this was immediately after the four hour lights out during acclimation.

I love that little guy. How much did u pay for him? LA doesnt say anything about a relationship with pistols. Wil they burrow together?

I paid $20. It's about 4-4.5" - pretty good size. I'm not 100% about the pistol combo.

My tank is over stocked at the moment. I had to take the live stock that was in the 75 I bought And add all of it to my 54 while I do this swap. So currently I have 2 clowns, 3 PJ cards, Comet, bared Goby, chalk basslet, & a hippo tang. The Hippo was in REAALLY bad shape when I got her due to stress from him selling everything out of tank. I know my 54 isn't perfect option but for a couple of weeks it's gonna have to work. She has already shown huge signs of recovery. I got the 75 home late lastnight and it & the sump/fuge have been soaking in a vinegar bath all night & day. I'll empty it all in a bit and get ready to drill everything. uggg

Kc are you planning to start a new build thread? I'll be following along if so...

oh i thought about it but idk if will or not. I have to build a new stand for this tank & with what I have planed it will be worthy of Awesome world! lol

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I recently took on a build of the exact same tank. I lit this guys with a single 250 watt halide in a Lumen Bright pendant. He's not concerned with the electric bill, so I figured it was the best coverage. I have to admit, I was skeptical in the beginning, but I'm really starting to like this tank. Excuse my phone pics.
I used a piece of conduit and bent it to hold the pendant, then painted it black.
img_1758708_0_cda291f1b0fb261e0c5bd3b8e96372ec.jpg

img_1758708_1_f80f83267030918631fd8d8a5e6bbdc8.jpg

mr_X said:
I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I recently took on a build of the exact same tank. I lit this guys with a single 250 watt halide in a Lumen Bright pendant. He's not concerned with the electric bill, so I figured it was the best coverage. I have to admit, I was skeptical in the beginning, but I'm really starting to like this tank. Excuse my phone pics.
I used a piece of conduit and bent it to hold the pendant, then painted it black.

Good idea!

Mr. X that tank will surely be amazing with you at the wheel.

Also, my pink spot goby started sifting sand today! I didn't even realize they did that! Pretty cool.

Everything else in aquarium land is still great!

TLTGF said:
Mr. X that tank will surely be amazing with you at the wheel.

Also, my pink spot goby started sifting sand today! I didn't even realize they did that! Pretty cool.

Everything else in aquarium land is still great!

Before mine took a flying lesson he always was chomping down on the sand. My daughter loved watching it!

Back
Top Bottom