Tiny Organisms just above waterline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I went to look at my betta tank today and realized there where tiny white organisms on the glass just above the waterline. Ill try to get a picture but they may be too small. I have not done a water change lately as I just recently moved to college and left my cleaning supplies at home so I was waiting on them to come in, but I have them now so I'll probably do one tonight. The tank is a 13gal lightly planted with a sand substrate and driftwood. There is a heater and filter, though the filter seems to strong for my betta so it is off until I can get a new one. I have had the betta for about 4 weeks now and the tank has been set up for about 6 weeks. I added a filter from my 30gal at home to kick start the bacteria colonies. I mostly feed the betta frozen food once a day, but usually do not fees on weekends as I'm out of town. My betta is not showing any health problems. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1445980586447.jpg
    1445980586447.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1445980613537.jpg
    1445980613537.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 81
Any guesses?

Hello, I went to look at my betta tank today and realized there where tiny white organisms on the glass just above the waterline. Ill try to get a picture but they may be too small. I have not done a water change lately as I just recently moved to college and left my cleaning supplies at home so I was waiting on them to come in, but I have them now so I'll probably do one tonight. The tank is a 13gal lightly planted with a sand substrate and driftwood. There is a heater and filter, though the filter seems to strong for my betta so it is off until I can get a new one. I have had the betta for about 4 weeks now and the tank has been set up for about 6 weeks. I added a filter from my 30gal at home to kick start the bacteria colonies. I mostly feed the betta frozen food once a day, but usually do not fees on weekends as I'm out of town. My betta is not showing any health problems. Thanks!

I had similar problem which I still have, my first tank got load of detritus worms, I did my research and there is a chance that my worms are not the good ones, they could turn carnivores but so far non of my shrimps died which are the only main largest occupants, with their babies and some fry. as I said non of them died so I might have my detritus colony boomed as I am not cleaning due to minuscular cherry shrimps. Any way I did little bottom clean up and they seems to be disappearing, or the fry just eat them

Peace and Success to your fishes from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom