Tips for water changes on larger aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TropicalChica

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips/ideas for easy water changes on larger aquariums? I currently have a 40 gallon but sm thinking of moving up to a 60 or 70.. I already have a really hard time w water changes (I should probably also mention that I myself am really small) and I currently do one water change a week of about 1/3 and I do this by using a siphon into a 3 gallon rolling bucket which I can only fill to 2 gallons bc otherwise I cant lift it to empty it, I have to refill the tank with 1 gallon buckets. Does anyone have a way to make this easier? It's actually my main concern with getting a larger tank bc as you can imagine, the process now takes a good amount of time. Thank you for any tips!

Was thinking same.

I drain mine to back lawn using a siphon / long hose (a friend uses a small pump to dash around many tanks). Then refill from back hose and heaters (/filters) on straight away.

That sounds amazing! Unfortunately I live in a 600sqft 5th floor condo.. it would be cool if I could somehow get it up to the roof garden haha! I just ordered that thing that hooks to a faucet.. I never realized that existed! I have only heen doing this about a year and half ha

Sounds great [emoji106] I used to drain it to a bathtub but it can be slow. It suits me as I set it up a Saturday morning - I guess ~60 gallons out while having breakfast and coffee, curse the algae, then fill it back up.

Back
Top Bottom