To dip, or not to dip, that is the question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bighabeeb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So now that I'm starting to bring corals into my tank - what do you folks think about coral rx dipping prior to putting them in? Apart from their youtube videos being amusing, is it actually worth doing?

Dip it. You don't want any bad hitchhikers in your tank. If you don't take care of them now, you'll probably have to spend more $$$ and/or time trying to get them out.

Are there other "dips" out there, or is coral RX the way to go? Are there any corals, in your experiences, that it does bad things to?

So far my collection is fairly simple...an open brain and a zoanthid - they're already in the tank, so I'm going to need to let them be - but I plan on buying some more in the near future, want to make sure I don't do anything stupid - like kill a brand new coral :)

I also use lugols and coral rx

The trick I found is to use a turkey baster to swish/agitate the water with each dip. Look closely for flatworms or red bugs or whatever. Then suck any out or use plastic. Tweezers. If you get rid of em b4 they're in your tank, it'll save money and heartache

Back
Top Bottom