Toadstool leather detaching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
My toadstool leather looks like he is detaching away from his rock. I know mushrooms and such do this, but I'm guessing this isn't normal for a toadstool. Any ideas? I'll post the best picture I have.

Attachments

• image-2284436564.jpg
    image-2284436564.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 137
It might not be happy in that spot. Is it getting good lighting, flow?

Bonz said:
It might not be happy in that spot. Is it getting good lighting, flow?

I moved it last night because I thought it might be getting too much flow. Is this normal for them to detach and will it be ok if it does?

It should be ok. Just keep an eye on it. They like flow and are very hardy. Easy to frag as well

Thanks for the input. Looking ok so far tonight. I know zero about fragging so that isn't an option at this point, just hoping to keep it alive.

I'm absolutely no expert, so please feel free to read my comments with that in mind.

I have a toadstool leather which came attached to a small piece of rock, popped it into the tank and it seemd ok. Woke up the following morning to find it lying on the bottom of the tank.

LFS told me to 'wedge it between some rocks' ... I did so, it reattacched itself and is really beatiful now.

It did detach and is now laying down in between some rocks in the sand. Still looks supple so I think I may just leave it down there. Afraid it will not get enough light now though as it is in a very shaded area

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom