Too good to be true?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I crazy, think this is a scam of some sort?

aquarium

If it is true and I purchase it, is it hard to start this hobby with such a big aquarium?

Looks like a good deal. Many people recommend starting with a larger aquarium as it leaves more margin for error.

My hubby questions why they would be selling it for so cheep. :( How would I go about asking why without letting on that its worth a lot more if it is in good condition?

What is something like that really worth?

My hubby questions why they would be selling it for so cheep. :( How would I go about asking why without letting on that its worth a lot more if it is in good condition?

What is something like that really worth?

just ask them straight up why are they getting rid of it. they probably know what its worth and either are moving or don't have the time to care for it anymore.

This looks like a good deal! It is easier starting with a larger aquarium. Good luck getting that and welcome to the hobby!

If you haven't gotten it by now, it's probably gone. There's a plethora of reasons why people get rid of their tanks. Perhaps circumstances have changed where they are no longer physically able to conduct maintenance on the tank.

David

Well, I'd be all over it!

A tank that large is a perfect starter tank, much easier to have stable parameters and take care of.

But you should have the seller show it to you filled up so that you can make sure it doesn't leak. That's the biggest scam with cheap tanks around

Well, I'd be all over it!

A tank that large is a perfect starter tank, much easier to have stable parameters and take care of.

But you should have the seller show it to you filled up so that you can make sure it doesn't leak. That's the biggest scam with cheap tanks around

I bought a cheap tank that leaked. 175 gallon bowfront. All I had to do was reseal it. I paid $450 for it. So not at all a bad deal, just had to put a little work into it. :)

But to the OP, $100! I'd jump all over that & if you can't use it or end up not wanting it, I'm sure you could get your $100 back if not more by reselling it. But good luck, hope it becomes yours.

Am I crazy, think this is a scam of some sort?

aquarium

If it is true and I purchase it, is it hard to start this hobby with such a big aquarium?

Seems real enough, you can probably return it if you really don't like it. The seller probably really wanted to get rid of their tank so sold it at a low price.

You can get some good deal on craigslist I got this 72g bowfront with coralife lights and glass tops and stand for $100

ForumRunner_20130811_193848.jpg then

ForumRunner_20130811_193955.jpg now

Sometimes people just need stuff moved and quickly! My granddad fell and seriously hurt himself so we had to sell his massive tanks and all equipment to get wheelchair access. They had to be gone by the time he got released from hospital so we practically gave them away.

This was before I discovered how addictive fish keeping could be and had to spend a fortune buying kit! :facepalm:

Go for it, be brave :)

Hubby and I couldn't agree... he really wants me to start with a small one to make sure I really like it. He didn't want me to get it, so I gave in and said oh well....

He says there will always be other ones, we do kinda live in a military area and they sell all kinds of stuff when they have to leave. I am just kinda bummed cuz its the first nice one I have seen in a month of looking. :(

At lease I have all the small tanks stuff coming in the next week, but now I am having second guesses on the fish/inverts I want in it. :ermm: I am sure that this will be more relaxing once I start putting it together, but right now it doesn't feel so much. ./sigh

your going to start a small tank, and in no time you will you will want a bigger one. the payout is going to be worth it, trust me :) don't lose your hopes he will come around when he see's it in action

Back
Top Bottom