Too late for my little rescues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrimsonBlayde

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was asked to take two red eye tetras. They were 2 of 5 that were in a 10 gallon. No water changes. Top offs infrequently. After three died, I was asked to take the last two.

They came in a bag with about a half gallon of water. The pH was off the high range chart. Ammonia .25. Nitrate off the chart which stops at 160 ppm. The water was so hard it took days to shift the pH using tiny water changes (think turkey baster at a time).

They are now at 7.6 pH. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are zero... daily pwcs of 50% with treated and aged water.

The QT is bare bottomed. NO poop at all since Saturday when they arrived. They refuse all food (flake, pellet, frozen). Both are very skinny.

They both are leaning to the right at all times. Motionless unless you approach and then they go crazy, jumping or ramming the tank.

Clean water. Keep trying food. Anything else I can try or is it just too late?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398292976.621945.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398292987.439937.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398292998.783726.jpg

They see the food. Go right up to it and investigate, but never eat. Tried different brands as wells as forms.

Back
Top Bottom