Too many bottom dwellers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BL1ND1ND3X

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
I am planning on getting 20 kuhli loaches, 12 corydoras, a good number of shrimp, and a pair of German blue rams.
The tank is 60 gallons, but the footprint is 36" wide by 15" deep.
Im just concerned that its too many bottom dwellers and there might be some territory issues?
Thanks for the help!

Hello everyone,
I am planning on getting 20 kuhli loaches, 12 corydoras, a good number of shrimp, and a pair of German blue rams.
The tank is 60 gallons, but the footprint is 36" wide by 15" deep.
Im just concerned that its too many bottom dwellers and there might be some territory issues?
Thanks for the help!

Might be too many if not setup right. Also depends on the species of cory. If you have lots of plants and such in midlevel areas for the shrimp to rest on and forage through it will help you. I woukd go with a smaller species of cory as well. Like cory habrousous.

The Kuhils are tiny so those will be fine, but you should go with panda cory or Pygmy cory. Also, the bigger the shrimp the better too. Maybe japonica. I had Rams eat cherry shrimp.

One more question,
Do you think it would help if I stayed with say 8 kuhli loaches and got 6 golden dojo loaches or are they to big for a 3 foot tank?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom