too many filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jxr182

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just got this 85 gallon aquarium and it came with several filters. Now that I've got it set up I'm thinking it's filter overkill. It has two seperate two-biowheel powerfilters and a Eheim GCCO canister filter. Do I need all of these? Obviously the canister, but both powerfilters?

there are two emporer 400b's and the canister is Eheim ECCO 2235. I can't find info on the 2235 but the 2234 is rated for 60 gallons and the 2236 is rated for 80.

It depends on your bioload and what your aiming to do. If your going planted I'm thinking the canister is enough, or you could use the hobs. If your going to use all three, the only downside would be extra flow (which you could want), extra energy, and maybe changing filter pads more often.

Well i am definately wanting a heavily planted tank, so you're saying it's probably safe just to go with the canister... i may put the canister outflow on one end and keep a hob on the other end just for good circulation. The other hob can be saved for backup if i ever need it.

Back
Top Bottom