Too Much Circulation/Powerhead setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightupthedarkness30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this question has been asked before and it seems like a personal preference but every tank is unique and mine seems to not be an exception. So right now i have a 55g FOWLR with a single 1200gph power head. The problem is, i have several "dead spots". I found a package deal to get 2 1300gph power heads(3800gph? thats around 70x an hour) or I can get 2 800gph(still 2800gph or 50x). I'm thinking the only way to get everywhere is to have 3 running. I could be completely wrong, but I know you guys have the answer. Thanks in advance!

40-50x isn't unusualy to see my reef is around 45x turnover but one circulation pump is the reason you have deadspots I've got 3 circulation pumps and two outputs from my return pump to get good flow all over the tank

Mrc8858 said:
40-50x isn't unusualy to see my reef is around 45x turnover but one circulation pump is the reason you have deadspots I've got 3 circulation pumps and two outputs from my return pump to get good flow all over the tank

Ok, so 2 additional 800gph would be safe? And I forgot to mention I have a sump with HOB overflow that pumps around 500gph but that mainly just circulates the top of the tank. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom