Too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Y family knows me so well for christmas i ended up getting 125$ in gift certs to my lfs!my tank is a 37g btw,my Q is,is adding a second clownfish(one died a few days after original entry)a peppermint shrimp,and a few snails and hermits too much too add at once? And i mean a few like 4-6 snails and like 2-3 hermits-thanks in advance!

Sharklover said:
Y family knows me so well for christmas i ended up getting 125$ in gift certs to my lfs!my tank is a 37g btw,my Q is,is adding a second clownfish(one died a few days after original entry)a peppermint shrimp,and a few snails and hermits too much too add at once? And i mean a few like 4-6 snails and like 2-3 hermits-thanks in advance!

Should b fine. But i would prob find out why your clown died to b safe.

Don't think that would cause an issue, but double check your water parameters and whatnot. While die off can happen for no apparent reason (I recently lost a firefish and I'll be darned if I can figure out what happened) there's generally a cause to be found in the water quality.

In my case, I had 3 fish and a handful of corals- everything is doing great, except for that one fish.

Me too but it was prob just the stress from moving,fish die very easily in the first few days in a new tank from stress my other fish is fine and life is bustling in my LR

Me too but it was prob just the stress from moving,fish die very easily in the first few days in a new tank from stress my other fish is fine and life is bustling in my LR

I don't know that I necessarily agree with that assessment, particularly with a generally hearty fish like a clown (barring anything unusual, i.e. one of the less solid species). In 10+ years of keeping fish, both freshies and salt, I think I've ever only lost one fish seemingly due to the stress of being moved: and it was an angel fish (which forever turned me off to that variety, I might add).

In any event, if everything else is doing well and the parameters check out, I'd say you should be fine. If you're nervous, add the inverts first - give a few more days to make sure nothing develops with the other fish, and then plop in the clown :)

I don't know that I necessarily agree with that assessment, particularly with a generally hearty fish like a clown (barring anything unusual, i.e. one of the less solid species). In 10+ years of keeping fish, both freshies and salt, I think I've ever only lost one fish seemingly due to the stress of being moved: and it was an angel fish (which forever turned me off to that variety, I might add).

In any event, if everything else is doing well and the parameters check out, I'd say you should be fine. If you're nervous, add the inverts first - give a few more days to make sure nothing develops with the other fish, and then plop in the clown :)

+1 to this.

When i first started this venture (didn't know much of anything and shamed to admit but), I plopped 2 clowns in the tank when it wasn't necessarily finished cycling and had to perform PWC's every day to keep the ammonia down to a survivable level. I'm sure my other parameters were not spot on either and they made it through just fine and are doing very well these days. Those clowns are surprisingly hardy and resilient! For one to just drop.......at least in my experience would be very unusual.

Back
Top Bottom