Too Prude to Kiss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biohazzrd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok ok ok.. i know that is a lame title but my 2 kissing gouramie will not kiss i knwo they are both males and i ahve read in many books they are extremely teritorial??? but.. they are acting like lovers they swim next to each other eat together ect ... soo i was thinking mabey there taking it slow no kissing till a weeklol lame again ... SOME 1 help me there tank mate is a dwarf blue guramie.. in a 20 gal but it is not hevealy planted nor anyhting very open is that a problem? i duno some 1 help me

I believe that "kissing" is actually an aggression thing. I would think you are lucky if they are not kissing.

kissing is not actually "kissing". Kissing is a way they fight. Like bucks lock antlers, and other animals lock horns, the kissing gouramis lock mouths - the more powerful one will win the dominance (until they fight again, lol)

i know i kno wall that but why are nt they i knwo its a sighn of agression but y wont they?

Are you absolutely sure you have two males? From what I've read, kissers are very hard to sex.

Back
Top Bottom