TOTAL DISASTER - 1500 Gallon tank gives way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do believe that was the owner of the store running out of the way. Originally I was told he was behind the tank, but I don't think he was.

Still haven't heard if insurance is going to cover everything, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't, it's an aquarium store. so they better have breakage insurance coverage! As for it covering a replacement tank in total, that I don't know. I know they have been quoted a replacement tank. I imagine a 1500 gallon custom acrylic tank would be in the neighborhood of $3000-$5000, but that's a total guess.

+1 on no fish. Also it was a FW fill only so no salt either. Don't know if it was just tap water (I'm guessing so) or RO/DI.

Thinking about it I really don't think the insurance will cover a second hand Tank. IMO

Depends on the policy. If they have ACV (actual cash value) or replacement cost policy. Most businesses I would think have replacement cost. Depends on how much insurance you have to pay. I used to be an adjuster...

Replacement for second hand value isn't worth having IMO. As most of the time you'd be lucky to get 25% of the replacement cost.

Most insurance, including hosehold insurance is for the cost of putting you back where you were before the incident occurred.

Back
Top Bottom