Tough Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biosfear

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got up this morning to find my 6 inch black plecostomus lying motionless on the floor about 6 or 7 feet away from my aquarium. I heard a little noise last night and i assume it was him flopping around my floor. The little guy was all dry, shriveled, dark black and presumably dead.

I picked him up thinking i would be digging a little grave and etching a miniature tombstone (we've been friends for about 6 years now)... and i saw his mouth move a little.

I figured what the heck... and threw his shriveled husk back into the aquarium to see.....

He kinda spun and sank to the bottom while releasing a ton or air bubbles. A few minutes later he was breathing again!!

Now he's swimming around and acting as if nothing happened! His eyeballs appear to be a little sunken in though

I heard his flop at about 2:00am and found him at about 10:00am. Thats like 8 hours on a cold floor, all alone, scared, cold and dry!

Suggestions for a new name?? This guys deserves an epic title if he can survive the next few days!

name is senseless for fish, he deserves a lid

My kids rather enjoy naming our fish. They are pets just like a dog or a cat, y not? :)

Readingexcalibur said:
Maybe he is a.... Vampire pleco! Back from the dead!!!! Bah duh bum!!! :)

If going with the vampire theme: what about Alucard? Dracula spelled backwards?

i would name mine if when i call they came over haha

Readingexcalibur said:
Maybe he is a.... Vampire pleco! Back from the dead!!!! Bah duh bum!!! :)

hahaXD. I like the idea of dracula spelled backwards

Some good suggestions. I'll be on the lookout for a zombie outbreak in my aquarium!

About the lid... It's an old 75gal with no middle support. High tech lighting and aquaponics vegetable bed. They're gonna have to learn not to jump! Or at least how to survive out of water for extended periods....

As for me, most of my fish aren't named. This guy has earned one though. 6 years and all

Update
he seems alright, his fins look really bad though. They're a little torn.

His left eyeball is sunken in a bit

He always hides but today has been front and center of my tank... Id like to think he's saying "thanks dude"

Biosfear said:
Some good suggestions. I'll be on the lookout for a zombie outbreak in my aquarium!

About the lid... It's an old 75gal with no middle support. High tech lighting and aquaponics vegetable bed. They're gonna have to learn not to jump! Or at least how to survive out of water for extended periods....

As for me, most of my fish aren't named. This guy has earned one though. 6 years and all

no middle support?!

Biosfear said:
Update
he seems alright, his fins look really bad though. They're a little torn.

His left eyeball is sunken in a bit

He always hides but today has been front and center of my tank... Id like to think he's saying "thanks dude"

Maybe it's "thanks dude" or he's trying to say "look what you did you lidless jerk"

Hmmm.... Hopefully our longstanding relationship will endure. I don't want Lazarus/Perseus/Alucard/Zombie-Fish to be upset with me...

Maybe bloodworms will convince him i care

Back
Top Bottom