Tough Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amicus said:
This is just a suggestion as I'm speaking from experience. The pleco lived but through a huge amount of stress. I have a male BN and though he's never jumped he has gotten stressed and showed symptoms. There are two things I've done to help and he always bounces back and is doing really we now. First I go and buy a squash zucchini and cut pieces to about 1/2 inch thick and anchor it with a paper clip pierced through the edge. I do not blanch it and he always goes right to it with no problems. I'm not sure you'd want to blanch it as it removes vitamins and minerals he needs now and they are a tougher fish than you might think. I also use HBH algae wafers as their first ingredient is Spirulina algae. It sound to me like you don't want him wasting energy scavenging for food, provide it for him and hopefully he'll get better.
I hope this helped.

Good idea. I'll try that this evening. He usually loves zucchini if/when he can beat my snails to it

phoenixkiller said:
I'm praying for you Lazarus... (Sort of) so get better! Keep us updated on his condition, and/or post a new thread on helping to heal him. Always here to help out!!

Thank you!

OMG! I am so happy he's ok! I read a story about this lady, who's betta jumped out onto the floor. But, she didn't even pick it up!:( She left it on the floor for 4 HOURS!:banghead: I'm like, seriously lady? You leave a poor fish on the ground for 4 HOURS!? Your story is completly diferent, because you had no idea, but she WATCHED it jump out of the tank, and didn't even care. I almost feel bad for the fish considering it LIVED. If I was a betta, I would not want to live with a careless owner like her. But i'm so happy your Pleco lived! :) PS. I Would just give it a nickname instead of changing his name!:D

He didn't make it. After a couple weeks of fin and scale deterioration in spite of meds, he floated his way up to fishy heaven.

Wow amazing story good to hear he is doing ok. As for a name I like Lazurus or Jesús(Hay-Soos)

Back
Top Bottom