Trace Elements mixture.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elpez

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone experienced some kind of strange growth in the TE bottle? Is it still ok to put in the tank? Can this growth be prevented?

Thanks

Its mold. You can still put it in the tank.

When your done with the bottle or if you just want to clean it out and make a new one dump it out and fill it with some super hot tap water and let it sit for a day then rinse it out again untill you get the mold out. You might have to put a stick with some paper towel around it to remove it.

When you remix your next batch add 2 capfulls of excell and you wont have that problem again.

Another suggestion: If you are dosing say pps pro and your only using 5 ml at a time you might cut you csm+b down to 1/3rd and dose 15ml that way your bottle gets used up faster and isn't sitting for so long allowing the mold to grow.

Another thing (although not desirable) that you could do to prevent mold is put it in the fridge or another cool area. I wouldn't do this due to the risk of mixing up with food and drinks.

Cool thanks!
I will not have a problem cleaning the bottle as it's not stuck to the walls. It's just floating in chunks.
I will clean it and add the excel and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Thanks Max, that's not a bad idea, I already keep flourish and a bottle of meds in the fridge.

Lol, meant to write "meds"

Just for future use, you can edit posts by clicking "edit" to the right of the post in the browser version or in the mobile version by selecting the post and then touching the edit/modify button.

Back
Top Bottom