Trace Elements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone use b-ionic trace elements? I am curious as to what type of elements I should putting in my tank. I know everyone says if I do a weekly water change everything will be fine. I still have a slight hair algae growth on a couple of pieces of live rock and a little bit of cyano here and there.

What about calcium?? Etc.

Thanks guys.

Regular water changes should be all that is really needed. You shouldn't need to add calcium unless you have a lot of SPS, clams, LPS, etc. Adding trace elements won't help with algae.

For trace element esp. in a nano tank I would do PWC`s. The only thing because not all marine sea salts are the same that you might have to supplement is calcium.

What do you have in your tank?
Again the most important question is:
What are your water parameters? Hard for us to answer your question if we don't know your water parameters.

Is your calcium low? The only reason to add would be that you are low. You need to test to know what is missing. The algae is from excess nutirents. In one form or another. My tank get cyano if I add phytoplankton.

Back
Top Bottom