tragic weekend and fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
one of my 55 gallons started to leak thurs night on my power strip and almost caught on fire. had to borrow a tank from lfs for the weekend. new tank i was supposed to get fell through.......dumb people!
woke up saturday to feed my fish and what do i find, my breeding pair of jds dead! fry were great, parameters were good. they were on their sides and very dull in color. im guessing parasites? so since the bad luck, i decided to give all my fish to my lfs cause i wanted nothing else to happen to any of my fish.......so today i started to miss my fish, so i thought i would try something new, angels. i got them out of a tank that said assorted angel fish 1.99. any take on what kind they are?

ForumRunner_20120917_224455.jpg

ForumRunner_20120917_224514.jpg

ForumRunner_20120917_224533.jpg

ForumRunner_20120917_224557.jpg
i have two of each kind......they are all about 3/4" all in a 55 gallon. fake plants for now till i get real plants.

I see a marbled angel, platinum angel, black angel and a weird looking zebra angel.

k.mascher86 said:
one of my 55 gallons started to leak thurs night on my power strip and almost caught on fire. had to borrow a tank from lfs for the weekend. new tank i was supposed to get fell through.......dumb people!
woke up saturday to feed my fish and what do i find, my breeding pair of jds dead! fry were great, parameters were good. they were on their sides and very dull in color. im guessing parasites? so since the bad luck, i decided to give all my fish to my lfs cause i wanted nothing else to happen to any of my fish.......so today i started to miss my fish, so i thought i would try something new, angels. i got them out of a tank that said assorted angel fish 1.99. any take on what kind they are?

i have two of each kind......they are all about 3/4" all in a 55 gallon. fake plants for now till i get real plants.

One lookalike a Black Veil, the white one with stripes and red in the head could be a Koi, the others I don't know for sure.

What I know, is that when they grow up, two of them possible will form a pair, and will try to breed, and they will become aggressive to the point that maybe you will need to re-home the other Angels....

i know about the agression and ill cross that bridge when i get to it.......im just glad they are doing good after all the problems i had this weekend

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom