Transferring tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle5012

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering what the best way to transfer fish from one tank to another is? I had to move my mbunas in my peacocks and haps as a emergency fix but now I want to move them back and I was wondering if I should put them in a bucket and mix the water or what the best way is to move them?

Thanks!

if both your tanks paramaters and temp are exact you shouldnt have a problem just moving them IME...if thats bad i havent been informed yet and im sure i will be after this post lol... best bet is to play it safe and just do either the drip method or the 1/2c every 4 min in a floating ziplock bag method thats what i did when my fishies got a bigger home i put about 4 c of tank water there in in a 1gal ziplock bag floated it in there new home after 15 min i started adding about 4 oz new tank water every 4-5 min 4x drain half of water and repeat then add the fish only to the new tank

I don't acclimate any fish once they're established in my water, all my tanks are the same temp and PH so I simply plop them from one to another using a dip n pour.

Last edited:
I don't acclimate any fish once they're established in my water, all my tanks are the same temp and PH so I simply plop them from one to another using a dip n pour.

That's what I do now its verified safe I can relax some lol

Back
Top Bottom