Transplanted swords leaves going yellow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I kinda thought this would happen so I'm not worried. One good sign is that the Amazons have plantlets that are growing larger and the leaves are turning very slowly.

My question is whether or not I should just cut all the leaves off down low on the stalk saving the plants energy and giving light to the bottoms.

Cut or leave alone?

I always cut leaves that are damaged or yellow. Plants can't heal damaged leaves so it is really just wanting energy on bad leave

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

These swords came from AquariumPlants.com and I would think they were grown emersed so everything I read says all the leaves will turn yellow and drop

Should I cut ALL of them off down low?

I once cut the stalks on a philodendron monstera just to find out that the new leaves grow in the very stalks that I just cut.

Not sure how these grow, so should I cut them high near the leaf or low near the base, they are currently 20" high

Thank you ;-)

As new leaves grow in cut off the worst looking old one. Cut it as close to the bottom as u can.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom