Treating bruised/open wound cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbratcher13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted earlier about a convict cichlid appearing to have bruises around mouth. They seem to have worsened and have white debris where the bruises are. Debating on removing and treating with the salt water method. Any tips or advice? I was told it would get worse before it got better, just don't want anything spread to other fish. Best method for salt treatment? Short exposures or leaving in a salted tank? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407091764.787723.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407091796.781628.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407091826.055609.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After doing some research possibly columnaris?

Although no one has posted, in case some reads - I did a 20% water change, treated with prime and also did an entire tank salt treatment for 30 gallons (1 teaspoon for every 5 gallons)...overnight the white has decreased on the fish. I had noticed it had started on a couple others, that's why I did the entire tank. They also seem to be more active!

Back
Top Bottom